Substance Abuse: Manager's Role in Creating and Maintaining a Drug Free Workplace: Legal Briefs
Choose From/ Product Choices
Substance Abuse: Manager's Role in Creating and Maintaining a Drug Free Workplace training program with DVD or e-learning program is designed to help gain a clearer understanding of the manager's responsibility regarding enforcing and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It provides answers to several of the most common questions managers struggle with, including:
- · Do you need to be absolutely sure a person is using drugs or alcohol before you confront them about his or her behavior?
- · When addressing performance issues with someone you suspect is using drugs or alcohol on the job, do you communicate these directly to the individual?
- · If you confront the employee and they start crying or get angry, what do you do?
- · As a manager, is it my job to diagnose and counsel an employee with a suspected substance abuse problem?
- · Can we just spring a drug test on an employee we suspect has a substance abuse problem?
This program teaches five main areas managers need to pay attention to when dealing with substance issues in the workplace:
3) Staying Focused on the Issue
4) Appropriate Action
5) Substance Abuse Testing
After completing the Workshop, participants will know:
· The importance of the manager’s responsibility to understand and communicate the organization’s policies on substance use or abuse in the workplace
· How to identify and access programs or systems that are in place to assist workers--should a substance abuse problem arise
· The five main aspects of dealing with substance abuse in the workplace
· The three action steps that managers can take to help keep the organization drug-free and out of court
Target Audience: Managers and Supervisors
Training package includes: DVD (17 minutes) plus print materials for facilitation. This program may also be licensed for interactive self paced learning or streamed delivery.