Employee Involvement: Key To Safety At Work
Employee Involvement: The Key To Safety encourages employees to participate in safety programs and how employees can become involved, including performing good housekeeping practices, and properly conducting safety inspections and incident investigations. It also looks at effective ways employees can have their voices heard by communicating their safety concerns as individuals and as part of a safety committee.
Encourage employees in all industries to take an active role in their safety. This program, also, makes a great addition to any OSHA Process Safety Management program.
Key Learning Points:
Benefits of being involved:
- Less injuries and hazards
- Being with family, hanging out with friends, and earning a paycheck
- Employee involvement brings first-hand experience
- Improved bottom line for company
- Eliminating hazards
- Poor floor conditions are the leading cause of workplace incidents
- Maintaining tools and machinery
- Proper storage of hazardous materials
- Inspecting all areas and all equipment every time
- Identifying and recording hazards and their causes, discussing concerns with management, and taking corrective action
- Examining who, what, where, when, and how
Communicating safety concerns:
- Investigations are a crucial piece of employee-involved safety
- Performed because you care about people, not to place blame
- Identifying causes of incidents and making change so they're less likely to happen again
Training Program includes: DVD 18 minutes with customizable PowerPoint Presentation plus a printable Leader's Guide. DVD contains English, Spanish and Portuguese language versions.